Forex License
New Zealand stands out due to its non-existing linkage to offshore zone, thus it is internationally seen as respectable financial service centre with financially stable jurisdiction.
FSP can be seen as a simple company providing financial services, while FSPR is perceived as a full-fledged forex brokerage company.
Back to list Licensing Services

Incorporation & obtaining license: within 1 month (for FSP)

Minimum paid up capital: Recommended 1000.00 USD ~ (For FSP)

License renewal government fee: USD 1000.00


New Zealand is made up of two main islands of North Island and South Island and numerous smaller ones, and is located southwest of Pacific Ocean and southeast of Australia.

Although New Zealand is not considered to be a tax heaven, it is nonetheless recognised internationally, is a respectable financial centre with financially stable jurisdiction provides long-term security.

There is a possibility to register your business as an FSP – Financial Services Provider. New Zealand is an excellent jurisdiction because it is not considered as an offshore, there is no minimum capital requirements, it is not blacklisted by any country or financial institution, and it is a member of the OECD and WTO.

A FSP can engage in the following financial activities:

  • Deposit Taking
  • Keeping, investing and managing money, securities and investment portfolios on behalf of third parties
  • Providing credit under a credit contract
  • Operating a money or value transfer service
  • Issuing and managing means of payment
  • Giving financial guarantees
  • Changing foreign currency.
  • Entering into or trading on an exchange, in an over-the-counter market or otherwise, the following on behalf of another person:
  • Money market instruments (including cheques, bills, certificates of deposits);
  • Foreign exchange (including forward foreign exchange contracts);
  • Derivative products including, but not limited to, futures and options;
  • Exchange rate and interest rate instruments, including products such as swaps and forward rule agreements;
  • Transferable securities;
  • Other negotiable instruments and financial assets;
APPLY NOW!Not sure what Licensing service to choose? Leave your application online! We will get back to you with a free 15 minutes consultation.

Facts & Info for New Zealand Forex License (FSP company type)

Notable features
Documents Required

General information

Company structure

  • Only one shareholder (can also be a legal person, no nationality restriction)
  • Can be a single director, however it is required to have a local director. As a result, companies usually have at least 2 directors.
  • A Secretary (can also be a legal person, no nationality or residency restrictions)
  • a local resident Company’s Office Manager (may be the director)

N.B. A Secretary can be same as director


  • Beneficial owners' details – Only if beneficially owns 50%
  • Shareholders' details – Part of public record
  • Directors' details – Part of public record


  • 0 taxes for non-resident companies
  • Directors, shareholders and employees operating outside MI are exempt fr om personal income tax

Other benefits

  • No restrictions for doing business outside NZ
  • Annual general meetings are not mandatory
  • No requirements for director meeting
  • There is no restriction on form of meeting for shareholders and directors and no restriction for place of meeting.

Accounting requirements

There are accounting requirements.

 Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 Reports should be submitted


  • Required (can also be a legal person, no nationality or residency restrictions)

Registered Agent

Required (can also be a legal person)

Registered office


Local employees


Company name

  • Language: Any
  • Letters: From Roman alphabet
  • Company name must end with such sufixes or their abbreviations: Limited, Public Limited Company, Corporation, Incorporated, Proprietary, Sociedad Anónima, Société Anonyme, Aktiengesellschaft, Aktiengesellschaft, Berhad, Besloten Vennootshcap, Naamloze Vennootschap , Société Anonyme à Responsabilité Lim itée.
  • Restricted words: bank, trust, insurance, chartered, foundation, partnership, establishment.


  • Restricted connections for company name: name of state, national or local government.
  • Any name that implies illegal activity or implies royal or government patronage is restricted.
  • Registrar may reject any name which it considers undesirable or contrary to the public interest.
  • Company name is restricted to be identical or similar that of an existing company.

In case when foreign language is used for company name the translation may be asked by Registrar to ensure conformity to above listed restrictions.

In order to obtain a license, the following steps will be carried out:

  • Registering a New Zealand legal entity;
  • Register with FSPR for those financial activities/services you wish to carry out;
  • Maintain appropriate financial and corporate records in New Zealand, and complying with bookkeeping, accounting, audit and any other legal local requirements;
  • Have a local resident Company’s Office Manager physically available for any Regulator’s inspection;

File an annual Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 Report (AML/CFT),

In order to obtain forex license, we will fill all necessary application forms and also acquire apostilled corporate documents.
For that reason, please provide us with the following documents:

  1. For bank:

(Each beneficial owner, shareholder, director, authorised signatory and secretary must provide)

  • A notarized copy of valid passport
  • A copy of proof of residential address (ex. utility bill that is not older than 3 months)
  • A notarized copy of Letter of Reference form Bank, Attorney or Accountant
  • Corporate Documents (Copies must be notarized or certified by a practicing attorney)
  1. For local regulatory authority:

(Each beneficial owner, shareholder, director, authorised signatory and secretary must provide)

  • CV
  • A notarized copy of valid passport
  • A copy of proof of residential address (ex. utility bill that is not older than 3 months)
  • Professional letter/bank reference
  • A notarized copy of a University Diploma


  • If documents are not in English language or language of particular country, then they must be accompanied by a notarized translation.
  • Please ensure that notarization is in English language if not then please provide with notarized English translation.

Additional documents may be requested by the regulatory authority or local Bank at any point to certify specific information

This Pre-Check form is a standard and required procedure, which gives an opportunity to make a merchant agreement based on full and detailed information. By giving incorrect or incomplete information may lead to agreement delay.
Merchant details
Contact details
Processing information
Optional: provide processing history (statement of last 6 months) with your current/previous acquirer.
Attach only: .doc, .docx, .pdf (File size not to extend 10 MB)
*Required fields
Form data saving error occurred.