Call us Contact us now
+44 (2038) 07 15 07

Obtain Cook Islands Money Changing-Remittance License

Cook Islands Money Changing-Remittance License

Securities Dealer's License
Cook Islands offers three types of licenses for international companies with different business activities. Combined license is the one to be chosen if you wish to conduct Forex brokerage business.
Back to list Licensing Services


  • IBC incorporation – within 4 weeks 
  • License application and approval from the Financial Supervisory Authority – 5-6 months

Minimum capital requirement: The Act does not specify the amount of capital required. The amount is determined on a case-by-case basis by the Commission upon review of the application. However, it is advisable that the capital would be no less than $100 000 USD.


Money changer’s license allows you to conduct only money changing business, Remittance license allows you to accept clients’ money and transmit it to another person residing abroad. To conduct Forex brokerage business in Cook Islands the Combined license should be obtained since it authorizes the licensee to do both activities (money changing and remittance). Minimal capital is not specified however, it shall be decided by the applicant, according to the level and scale of business operations.

It is required that the applicant maintains permanent place of business in the Cook Islands. Upon receipt of the license, it is not allowed to open additional place of business outside Cook Islands, without obtaining approval from FSC.

Each shareholder, director or other officer of the applicant must be proper to hold such position.

APPLY NOW!Not sure what Licensing service to choose? Leave your application online! We will get back to you with a free 15 minutes consultation.

Do not hesitate to submit the form below and our team will contact you shortly!

Licensing Criteria and Procedures for Applying for Cook Islands Money Changing-Remittance License

Notable features
Documents Required

General information

Company Structure

  • Only one shareholder (can also be a legal person, no nationality restriction or residency restrictions)
  • Only one director (can also be a legal person, no nationality or residency restrictions)
  • Registered Secretary is required.


  • Beneficial owners' details – Not part of public record
  • Shareholders' details – Not part of public record
  • Directors' details –Not part of public record


International Business Companies are exempt from taxes on income derived from outside of Cook Islands

Registered Agent - Required

Registered Office - Required

Local Employees - Required

Local Office Required

Security bond $10 000 USD (not usable)

Audit - It is required to appoint an auditor before lodging the license application.

Company Name

  • Language: Any
  • Letters: From Roman alphabet
  • Company name must end with such suffix or it’s abbreviation: Limited
  • Names Requiring Consent or a Licence: Asset Management, Asset Manager, Assurance, Bank, Banking, Broker (s) / Brokerage, Capital, Credit, Currency (ies), Custodian(s), Custody, Dealer(s), Dealing, Deposit(s), Derivative (s), Exchange, Fiduciary (ies), Finance, Financial, Fund (s), Future (s), Insurance, Lending, Loan(s), Lender(s), Option(s), Pension(s), Portfolio, Reserves, Savings, Security(ies), Stock, Trust, Trustees


  • Both, the FSC and the BTIB require a face-to-face meeting, held in the Cook Islands, with the applicant.
  • It is required for the Money-Changing & Remittance Businesses to have a local office with a sufficient number of stuff members in the Cook Islands and to perform all of its operations from the Cook Islands.

In order to obtain a license, the following steps will be carried out:

  • Registration of an International Company in Cook Islands
  • Preparation of all necessary documents and forms for submission to the FSC and BTIB
  • Lodging the application for a combined money-changer’s and remittance license to FSC
  • Arranging for a face-to-face meeting with the FSC and BTIB
  • Upon securing approval of the FSC, proceeding with application for approval of the BTIB to operate in the Cook Islands

In order to obtain license, Offshorelicense will fill all necessary application forms and also acquire apostilled corporate documents.

For that reason, please provide us with the following documents.

  • Notarized passport
  • Notarized 2nd ID
  • Certified Utility Bill
  • Notarized Criminal Record
  • Bank reference Letter
  • 3 Character Reference Letters issued by professionals
  • Certified Diplomas of Higher Education
  • Detailed CV dated and signed by the applicant

A total of 2 (two) sets of documents are to be presented for submission to the FSC and BTIB.

All documentation shall be provided in English language or translated to English by a professional and certified by Notary Public. 

Every shareholder, director or executive officer of the company-applicant must be fit and proper to hold that position.